The following is the latest from AFL Victoria regarding the Victorian Government's announcement of COVIDSafe measures on Wednesday 25 May 2021:
AFL Victoria will continue to work closely with the Victorian Government. At this stage we’re proceeding as though community football training and matches can take place this week as scheduled.
We will be guided by advice from the government and health authorities, and update stakeholders with any new information if and when it becomes available.
AFL Victoria will provide an updated Restricted Activity Directions document as soon as available. In the meantime, we strongly advise the below amendments to training protocols from Tuesday 25 May, until further advice/guidance from the Government is available:
- Masks indoors are mandatory for all within the Greater Melbourne area
- All players/officials travelling to Regional Victoria who reside in Greater Melbourne area are to take the restrictions currently applicable for Greater Melbourne with them
- Public gathering limits are no more than 30 people – please use the get in and get out approach for any training this evening planned.
- Please limit the access to social rooms and change rooms in line with the current guidelines and ensure essential staff only.
- We would recommend that anyone attending training come dressed and ready to play/train and then get out.
- Only essential staff to be in attendance for example; coaches, officials and trainers.
- For junior football, please ensure parents do not gather beyond groups of 30 and use the approach of drop off and pick up.
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times when not participating.
- QR codes are mandatory and need to be used for all in attendance at the relevant venues
Please follow all other protocols as per Victorian Government websites: