THE Essendon District Football League invites applications for a Football Operations Manager.
The EDFL is a community sporting organisation based in northern western Melbourne.
We have 33 clubs and over 420 teams playing AFL football across female and male, junior and senior competitions.
The Football Operations Manager is a critical role with direct responsibility for the successful operations of all football competitions.
This includes the home and away and finals series as well as our interleague representative football program.
The position has significant and important interaction with all EDFL clubs.
Assisting the clubs with their operations and growth, and ensuring their governance standards, are key performance targets of the role.
Applications must be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sports Management or similar, or significant management experience within a sporting capacity (experience in AFL football desirable)
- Demonstrated success building and developing stakeholder relationships (clubs would be ideal)
- Experience of community football club and league environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level computer literacy skills
- Preparedness to work extended hours including after-hours meetings and weekends during the football season
- Strong character
- Team Player
- Current working with children checks and drivers’ licence
The position will be based in the EDFL Office at Windy Hill in Essendon.
See the position description here.
Email applications must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received by close of business on Sunday 18th November 2018.
Please include ‘Football Operation Manager Application’ in the subject line.