RECENTLY the AFL has undertaken a review of coach education programs, the re-accreditation process and regional coach support on a national level.
Following extensive research, analysis and consultation, it was identified that an opportunity existed to materially enhance the support and development of coaches nationally.
CoachAFL has been created with these key objectives in mind:
– A deeper understanding of the coaching community
– Creating a more accessible entry level accreditation
– Providing a centralised accessible resource centre that delivers content tailored to the playing profile of the team
Foundation Online Course:
A new entry accreditation is now called Foundation (replacing Level One), and is an online course for the specific age group the individual is coaching – senior, youth or junior.
The Foundation online courses are now available on https://www.coach.afl/
Coach Education Workshops:
To further support new coaches in Victoria there will also be a face to face coaching workshop delivered by expert coaches. The cost of this three hour program is $60.00 which covers presenters, resources and a magnetic coaches board.
Each workshop has been designed to assist new coaches develop a range of skills in providing a positive practice and game day environment, teaching the technical aspects of the game including kicking, game play, game sense and decision making, and tactical aspects of the game
Membership and Reaccreditation:
The new process of Coach.AFL membership and accreditation will be on an annual basis and as outlined below:
– Currently Accredited Coaches – update your coaching profile, no fee, sign code of conduct and complete concussion module – access to resources
– Previously Accredited (expired 31/12/2017) – update coaching profile, pay $49.50 annual fee, and complete concussion module – access to resources
– Previously Accredited (expire pre 31/12/2017) – update coaching profile, pay $49.50 annual fee, and complete Foundation online course (either senior/youth or junior) and concussion module – access to resources
A feature of the annual reaccreditation process will require each coach to attain a number points each year to be eligible for accreditation renewal – these points will be attained through a variety of means including coaching a team, completing short courses on the Coach.AFL Learning Management System, attending national conferences, regional seminars/workshops etc
Coaching Support Team:
Coach.AFL provides a support team for coaches. Trained and specialising in all things coaching, the team will be able to assist coaches with the following:
– Trouble Shooting
– Accreditation Status
– Technical Support
– Workshop Information and
– Generally help coaches navigate through the introduction of Coach.AFL
– The Coaching Support Team will be contactable via email firstname.lastname@example.org or the “Get in Touch”form on Coach.AFL
At the regional level AFL Victoria will deliver a range of face to face seminars and workshops for coaches to continue their personal growth and development. These seminars/workshops will attain points for the coach as part of their annual reaccreditation process. Other support and education provided will include club coaching coordinators, coach mentors and recognition of outstanding coaching achievements. All accredited coaches will have access to the Coach.AFL Learning Management System and gain access to the high quality interactive coach resources and member benefits.
– CLICK HERE to contact your local FDM
The AFL Victoria Level Two Coach Education course is open to community, TAC Cup and VFL coaches and is conducted in November each year in preparation for the following season.
– CLICK HERE for Level 2 Course Information
The High Performance course is targeted at coaches who are currently coaching in the AFL, State League, TAC Cup and AFL Victoria Academy programs. For further information contact AFL Victoria Coaching Development Manager Steve Teakel via email@example.com